Please be advised that all citizens travelling with Asia Vacation Group require a full passport for all holiday tours. And the passport should be valid for at least six months prior to your scheduled return home dates.
Please also be noticed that if your passport is expiring and you renew your passport after you have reserved the tour with us, it is critical that you inform us all the new details as soon as possible. In some of the cases, you might be required to bring your old passport together with the new one to maintain the tour validity and avoid any ambiguity for the trip.
Almost foreigners to Vietnam need a valid visa. However, there is a Vietnam Visa Exemption List whereby nationals of countries do not need visa to stay in Vietnam for a certain period of time. Citizens of Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and those who directly visit Phu Quoc Island are granted 30-day visa exemption. Philippines (max. 21 days); Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Russia (max. 15 days); Brunei & Myanmar (max. 14 days). France, Germany, Spain, Italy and UK citizens are granted 15 day, valid from July 1st2015 to June 30th 2016.
There are two different options to apply for visa to Vietnam:
- Apply for visa at Vietnam Embassy (traditional way with visa picked up at Vietnam Embassies)
Please directly contact the nearest Vietnam Embassy to apply. There are two offices of the consulate and embassy of Vietnam in UK: both are situated in London. Please be noticed that even though UK residents are granted 15 days without a visa, UK passport holders will still need a visa to enter Vietnam for a period of longer than 15 days. In Australia, two offices of the consulate of embassy of Vietnam are located in Canberra and New South Wales.
Tourist visa can be applied either through post (check the embassy website for exact mail address) or in person.
- Apply for Visa on arrival (apply for travellers by air only, visa picked up at Vietnam International Airport)
Visa on arrival (VOA) is more convenient and less time-consuming. The Vietnam Immigration Department will issue a visa approval letter stating that you are allowed to enter Vietnam on a specific date. Then you will have the visa stamped onto your passport at the arrival airport.
Our travel agent, Asia Vacation Group can apply for VOA on behalf of you at additional cost. Please contact us to prepare the application documents.
How to apply for VOA
- Contact our travel consultant for the visa application form.
- Fill in the application form with required information. Please enter the exact personal information as Visa Approval Letter will be issued base on that.
- Print the visa approval letter out together with the entry and exit form (attach in email as well). Get your visa stamped on-site at the airport, by presenting: (1) visa approval letter, (2) passport, (3) 02 passport-sized photos; (4) already filled Vietnam visa application form; (5) stamping fee to the Immigration Officer.
* Please be noticed that visa fees are subject to change. Prepare an adequate amount of US cash will help you allow for any fee augmentations.
All foreign visitors who do not hold passports of Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Brunei Darussalam, Myanmar are required to apply for Cambodia visa prior to entering the country.
Besides the choice of applying through Cambodian Embassy, the e-Visa service enables visitors to apply for a Cambodia tourist visa online. You only need to complete the online application form and pay the service fees with credit card. After receiving your Visa via email, print it out to bring along for your trip. However, Afghanistan, Algeria, Arab Saudi, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Sudan and Nigeria are not supported by e-Visa. If you are those nations’ passport holders, please apply visa from your nearest embassy or upon arrival at all major checkpoints.
For the single entry e-visa into Cambodia, you are granted a period of stay up to 30 days. Please be advised the fees is subject to change. Once approved, Cambodian E-visa is valid up to three months starting from the issue date. Processing time will take 3 working days.
For people who wish to apply for Business Visa, K-Visa or Diplomatic Visa, please contact your nearest Cambodian Embassy for further information. The E-visa application method is unable to process application from holders of Diplomatic Passports.
How to apply
Go online to www.evisa.gov.kh/Default.aspx, click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and fill out all the required fields with appropriate information. Please prepare the following documents before applying for a Cambodian E-visa:
- A passport with 06 months of validity from the time of entry
- A recent passport-sized color photo in digital format (JPEG or PNG) to upload for the application
- A valid credit card (Visa/MasterCard) for visa fee payment
All visitors entering Laos must possess passports with the validity of at least 06 months and have at least 01 empty page for visa stamp. Visa can either be obtained from Lao Embassies, Consulates abroad or on arrival at the international checkpoint.
Visas are usually valid for 30 days. If you obtain a visa in advance from Lao Embassies, it’s generally valid for 30 days within two months of issue. Please contact the nearest Lao Embassies for further details. If you obtained Visa on arrival at road, river border crossings or ports of entry then please bring 02 passport-sized photos with you for the visa.
Upon Laos’s arrival, please ensure you receive an entry stamp in the passport because fines for not having one are high. A visa on arrival costs approximately 35USD; obtaining a visa in advance costs around 50USD. However, this varies according to nationality.
All foreigners not belong to visa exemption list must obtain a visa prior to their travel to Myanmar. Ordinary passport holders of Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam are given visa exemption of 14 days. Visa can be obtained by application to Myanmar Embassies. There is one embassy located in Canberra, Australia and one in London, United Kingdom. Please contact the nearest embassy either by visit or through email for further information.
Another option is applying Tourist e-Visa online. The country also allows Business e-Visa, however the below process is applicable for Tourist e-Visa only.
How to apply for eVisa
Go online to http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/ and click on ‘Apply eVisa’. You can either start a new one or continue what you’ve done last time by clicking ‘I’ve an Ongoing Application’. Please fill in all the required field and process. You will need the following before apply:
- Passport validity of at least 06 months
- 01 color photo (4.8cm x 3.8cm) in digital form, taking during last 3 months
- A valid Visa, MasterCard, American Express or JCB credit card for visa fee payment.
The processing time is 3 working days; eVisa service fee is non-refundable. Once approved, the eVisa approval letter valid for 90 days from issued date. Tourists are able to stay up to 28 days from the date of arrival in Myanmar.
Sri Lanka Visa
For a visit to Sri Lanka, all foreigners must apply visa.
ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is an official authorization for short visit to Sri Lanka issued electronically. Ordinary passport holders of Singapore, Maldives and Seychelles are exempted from ETA. The ETA, with intention of simplified Sri Lanka Visa application process, doesn’t require passport copies, documents or photographs. Upon arrival, show your passport to the Immigration Officer at the port of entry to obtain the necessary clearance. All ETA holders should produce the following requirements at the port of entry:
- A passport valid for not less than 6 months from the date of arrival
- A confirmed return ticket
- Sufficient funds to meet the expenses during the stay
How to apply for ETA
At Sri Lanka Overseas Missions
This option is suggested for those who wish to obtain ETA from an Overseas Mission, and have a visa endorsed on their passports. Please viewhttp://www.mea.gov.lk/index.php/en/missions/sri-lanka-missions-abroad- for the nearest place.
- Proceed to the nearest Sri Lanka Overseas Mission.
- Fill in the ETA application and/or visa application and hand it over to the visa officer together with the relevant fee. The ETA or short stay visa will be issued within 03 days.
- Upon submission of the application, an acknowledgement with a reference number will be sent to the respective Overseas Mission and to you as requested in the application.
- Receive your ETA approval notice or collect your passport with the endorsed visa.
By the Applicant:
Go online to http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/visainfo/center.jsp?locale=en_US. Click on the Apply button and fill in the ETA application. If your application is successfully submitted, you will receive an acknowledgment promptly. Please be reminded that this option is chosen only if you have electronic payment card. Only Visa, Master or American Express Cards is accepted. It will require a maximum of 03 working days to process the visa application.
The ETA is initially limited to 30 days from the date of arrival but it can be extended for up to six months. To check your ETA application status, please log onto the ETA website or contact 24/7 call center: 0094.71.99.67.888
Citizens of Australia, United Kingdom and other 111 countries may enter India with an electronic Tourist Visa (eTV). Applicants of Pakistani origin should apply for a traditional visa. Meaning that they may travel to India for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less with an electronic India visa, and do not have to submit the original passport and visa application. Travelers from these countries must apply for an India ETA while outside of India.
How to apply for eTV
Go online to https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/, click onto ‘Apply online’. Please fill in the required fields with exact information shown in your personal documents. Be reminded to prepare the following documents before application:
- Recent front facing photograph with white background
- Photo page of Passport containing personal details: name, date of birth, nationality, etc.
Make payment of visa fee online, the system enables Debit and Credit issued by MasterCard and VISA. The fee must be paid at least 4 days before the expected date of travel otherwise application will not be processed. The fee depends on the passport holder’s nationality and subjects to change.
eTV once issued on arrival is only single entry, non-extendable, non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas. The validity of visa will be 30 days from the date of arrival in India. eTV is allowed for a maximum of two visits in a calendar year.
For assistance, please call 24/7 Visa support center at +91-11-24300666 or email to email@example.com
The following is an outlined visa process to be followed when those with nationalities other than China, Russia, CIS Countries, Georgia Indonesia, Vietnam or Philippines apply for tourism purpose visa. However, there are 67 countries and regions belong to the Visa Exemption List. Australia and UK, as being listed, are granted up to 90 days of staying in Japan without having to apply for visa.
A visa applicant needs to prepare (1) Basic documents (2) Identification documents other than a passport and (3) Supporting documents, in addition to “basic documents”.
- Basic documents:
- Visa application form (Can be downloaded at http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/pdfs/application1.pdf)
- 01 Photo
- Confirmation slip, certificate, or other documents to prove reservation of air or ship boarding ticket
- Documents to prove ability to pay for travel expenses
- A certificate of income or a tax declaration certificate issued by a public agency
- Or Certificate of deposit balance
- Schedule of stay or Travel itinerary: Travel Itinerary, Hotel Booking, flyers, leaflets, etc.
- Identification documents other than a passport: i.e. birth certificate, a copy of identification card (ID), a copy of a driver’s license
- Supporting documents: i.e. residence certificate, marriage certificate, curriculum vitae
As identification documents and supporting documents vary according to the local situation and purpose of visit, please inquire directly to the nearest embassy/consulate-general for consultant.
When all documents are ready, you will apply for visa at the embassy/consulate of Japan (or visa processing agency). The required documents should be valid at the time of visa application, and should be submitted within three months of their date of issue. Documents submitted for application will not be returned to the applicants, except for their passports.
The application will then be examined within approximately a week after the application, though it may vary. You may be requested to submit additional documents if necessary. In such cases, it might take longer than expectation. The validity of a visa is three months. The period of validity cannot be extended. The result of the examination will be notified to the visa applicant by the embassy/consulate of Japan (or visa processing agency).
Please be advised that the following are just common vaccinations information for travellers. Any essential medical advice, routine vaccinations and other information need to be sought from your local doctor or the licensed health travel clinic. We, Asia Vacation Group, do not give this information as a specific health advice.
- Vietnam: Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Japanese Encephalitis, Rabies
- Cambodia: Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Polio, Malaria
- Laos: Hepatitis, Typhoid, Polio, Japanese Encephalitis
- Myanmar: Hepatitis, Typhoid, Japanese Encephalitis
- Sri Lanka: Hepatitis, Typhoid, Japanese Encephalitis
- India: Hepatitis, Typhoid, Japanese Encephalitis
- Japan: No recommended vaccinations